In 1922, George E. King, a key representative for the Red Star Flour Mill, was elected president. He campaigned on making changes that would ensure the club’s success. One of the first problems he identified was the meeting location. From that point on, meetings were held in the plants of various members (flour mills, shirt factories, the Southwest Cracker Company and the largest – The Coleman Company).
That same year, the organization became affiliated with the Wichita Chamber of Commerce for a more effective association. They also adopted the motto “What Wichita Makes Makes Wichita.” It quickly became known that the organization had something to offer its members and their companies. By the end of the year, the membership had more than tripled with a total of 44 members.