WMA Education Series: Transforming Your Business with Lean
August 8, 2023
Transforming Your Business with Lean
The Wichita Manufacturers Association and the Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce are partnering on an eight-part series for foundational lean education. All proceeds will go to fund scholarships for graduating high school students.
Sessions will be every other Tuesday from 8:30 – 9:30 a.m., starting with session one on August 29 and ending with session eight on December 5. Sessions will be comprised of a 45-minute presentation and 15-minute Q&A. Below is a full series overview. If you register for and attend all eight sessions, you will receive a White Belt badge from WSU Tech. Please note: the attendee registered will be the name on the certificate.
Session topics include:
1. Understand Why Lean is Essential to Manufacturing
2. Understanding Basic Premise of Lean | Understanding Value and Value Stream
3. Essential Components of Lean | Value – Value Stream – Flow – Pull – Perfection
4. Learn to See Eight Forms of Waste and Discern Value-Add Activity vs. Non-Value Add
5. Basic Building Blocks of Lean | 5S, Visual Factory, TPM, Std. Work, RCCA, Kaizen, etc.
6. Basic Performance Measures, Key Performance Indicator (KPIs), for a Lean Operation
7. Transformational Leadership – Nature of Change, and Bringing About Lean Change
8. Elements of Lean Roadmap and How to Build
WMA and Chamber Members: $20 per session, $105 for all eight sessions
Not Yet Members: $30 per session, $160 for all eight sessions
Students: $10 per session, $50 for all eight sessions
Register for session one at Transforming Your Business with Lean – Session One | Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce (wichitachamber.org)
Sessions 2-8 are also linked on Session One page.